[mythtv-users] Help configure my pcTV 800i tuner!

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 23:49:12 UTC 2009

> About the video source, my selections are NONE and blank.  When I select
> NONE, the Scan For Channels is disabled. When I select 'blank', the Scan For

You need to go into the video sources section from the main menu of
mythtv-setup (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:MythTV_structure#Video_sources).
There you can select (new video source) to create a video source.
First give it a name. Then you can choose schedules direct and use
your 1 week trial, or you can just choose EIT for now to setup the
video source. Then choose the appropriate frequency table. If you are
doing over the air ATSC just choose the us broadcast one or if you are
doing QAM I think you use us cable. Once you have actually created a
video source, then it will show up as an option (with the name you
gave it) for you input connections.