No subject

Sun Mar 1 18:40:12 UTC 2009

> > What version of ALSA are you using? I could only get sound over HDMI
> > to work with version 0.18 or higher.
>
> Well, I must be using a different distribution than you are (Fedora10),
> as
> my alsa lib components are numbered differently than yours.
>
> 	My lib, lib-devel, and utils are 1.0.19
> 	My oss things are 1.0.17
>
> I can go out and see if anything more recent has been posted.
> Assuming these are the same as what you have (with the extra '.0' in
> them)
> I seem to recall that MythTV used to use the OSS stuff, but doesnt any
> more...

It won't matter which version of ALSA you are using, you won't be able to
get HDMI audio out of your current setup. It's a hardware limitation. From
HDMI signal to your TV. As far as I know, there are no 6300's with a digital
audio (SPDIF) input connector. As such, there is no way to get digital audio
into the HDMI stream via that card. That card will only ever output a null
audio signal over HDMI.  The best you can do with your current setup is
output video over HDMI and supply the audio to your tv/amp via your sound
card's analog or digital outputs.  If you must have audio over HDMI, you
will need to upgrade your video card to something with a digital audio input
and connect the digital output from your sound card to it.

Shawn Flynn