No subject

Sun Mar 1 18:40:12 UTC 2009

bring it up on the TV (ctrl+alt+F1 to switch to TTY login and
ctrl+alt+F7 to get back to GDM/KDM/X on most systems) or are you able
to ssh into the box? Is the nvidia module actually installed and is
the module loading correctly (lsmod | grep nvidia)? Since it was
working on your monitor seems like it should be loading the driver.
I've seen X fall back to the default driver when my proprietary ATI
driver wasn't correctly installed on one of my systems so maybe this
is happening and perhaps the vesa driver is not be smart enough to
detect your TV to run the supplied modeline. That's just speculation.