[mythtv-users] CableCARD spoofed by DIY community

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Fri May 1 17:17:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Lobby even more than the **AA's do. And get rid of Obama, he is not
> anti-**AA.
> And keep cracking all new drm-schemes.

What a monumentally stupid reason for getting rid of a leader that
would be.  I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as you're not an
American, but we have far more substantial problems than whether our
elected officials are for or against DRM, and on my (and most)
American's list of political priorities, this ranks sometime long,
long, long after energy independence, the economy, civil liberties,
foreign policy, multiple conflicts abroad, a culture war domestically,
numerous serious illnesses that need further research, and a host of
other problems that I weight far more heavily.  I'd be thrilled if the
only political liability we had was screwed up copyright/patent/IP
legislation.  I'll be a happy camper when that rises to #1 on my list.

People who have nothing to do but be righteously indignant about DRM
need to get that cancer thing cleared up for me.

Robert