[mythtv-users] channels.conf import: Not all channels appear!

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Fri May 1 17:18:57 UTC 2009

Grrrr . . .

I used the procedures detailed here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Adding_Digital_Cable_Channels_(For_ATSC/QAM_Tuner_Cards_--_USA/Canada)

. . . and here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/DVB_search

. . . to create a channels.conf file.

I used mplayer to view the channels -- using the same capture card as my mythtv setup uses, using the data in channels.conf -- and give them valid labels.

I know for a fact that Cartoon Network was viewable and tunable. I saw it live.

However . . . when I used mythtvset=>Scan Channels to do a scan using channels.conf, Cartoon Network (and possibly others) didn't end up on the final roster of channels.

I spot checked a few of the other channels added via channels.conf input and they work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stefan