[mythtv-users] [Slightly OT] Antenna Problems

Chris Clarke chrisjohn.clarke at gmail.com
Fri May 1 18:22:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 1:32 PM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Chris Clarke
> <chrisjohn.clarke at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>>    I'm having a problem and I'm not too sure where to start
>> troubleshooting.  I've got an HDHomerun attached to an antenna I've
>> mounted on the side of my house, got it all hooked up and it works
>> great, most of the time.  It records 85%-90% of the time no problems,
>> but then it will completely garble a recording.  There doesn't seem to
>> be a pattern, it could be any channel at any time, it just produces
>> digital garbage.  For example I record "The A-Team" (hey who doesn't
>> love cheesy 80's shows ;) everyday on SUN-TV, Mon, Tues, Weds, were
>> all fine and then yesterday it was garbled.  And last night it
>> recorded "My Name is Earl" fine and then screwed up "The Office" on
>> the same channel.  I've looked through the logs and don't see anything
>> obvious, but was hoping someone could give me a hint as to what I
>> should be looking for...
>
> Maybe tuner 2 is having problems, or is misconfigured.  Do you notice
> this happening when 2 shows record at once?  Can you force that to
> happen and check the results?
>
> Jim

Thanks Jim,

  I will check that out when I get home.  I didn't think of that, I
just assumed that both tuners worked.  It may be one of the co-ax's
running from the splitter at the antenna as well, I'll see if that
fixes it.  That's why I love this list, there's always great advice,
from helpful people.

Chris