[mythtv-users] PVR500 and recent mythtv-backend versions

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat May 2 16:27:00 UTC 2009

On Saturday 02 May 2009 10:16:00 Don Bossung wrote:

> Not trying to hijack, but for what it is worth, I have been seeing a
> similar issue but with two pvr 150's. It started after I upgraded mythdora
> 5 and after the upgrade, neither of the tuners would open in mythtv (failed
> to open device in mythtv-setup). I was able to cat /dev/video0 and
> /dev/video1 and the resulting mpg was fine. I then removed one of the
> tuners and the other would be recognized in mythtv. If I swapped tuners
> then the second tuner would be recognized in mythtv. But with both tuners
> installed, neither would be recognized by myth. (Recognized fine by linux
> as seen in dmsg and able to cat either one) So, I just started using one of
> the tuners. Then I started noticing exactly the same problem as described
> above with the tuner randomly going in and out of tune. I have been
> monitoring the ivtv lists but there appears to be nothing there. I then
> upgraded to MythDora 10.21 and had the same problem. I then moved to CentOS
> 5.3 with mythtv 21 latest atrpms and had the same problems.
>
> Odd to say the least.

I have a system with a pair of PVR-150s running MythDora 10.21 and both tuners
work fine.

Not sure what that means, but it's another data point.

Many different tuners were used in cards called 'PVR-150', and there were many
different models, some with remote interfaces, some without, some with radio
tuners, some without etc. But even cards with identical features might have
different tuners, I wonder if this has something to do with these reported
problems, you can't expect the IVTV devs to have one or more of each version
of the card.

--
beww
beww at beww.org