[mythtv-users] Program to read virtual channel data from Comcast clearQAM

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Sun May 3 21:05:38 UTC 2009

Dennis Lou wrote:
> I wrote a program that will read the SCTE-65 in-band SI data which
> contains the virtual channel tables that Comcast has started
> providing.  Relevant to this group, one of the output options for my
> program is an SQL script that will update MythTV with the mapping.

Interesting, thanks for your work. I have two questions:

1. I get one of the following on all frequencies:

tuning 555000000hz.....no lock
tuning 561000000hz.locked...PID 0x1ffc timeout

Does that mean that in my area no info is available at all?

2. Is the virtual channel map that you are describing the same or
related to the VCT table that is part of ATSC standard (but that uses
pid 0x1FFB)? I guess not, because Comcast does provide limited VCT info
(for broadcast channels only) and both TV and Myth can see it. So, this
must be something else? Can you point to a spec?

Thanks,

Bolek