[mythtv-users] Comcast & Firewire STB's without 5C/Firewire equipment

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Mon May 4 01:53:54 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Andrew Burgess <aab at cichlid.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-05-03 at 17:30 -0700, Brad Fuller wrote:
>
>> But, I get the same problem I've seen others mention, it only records
>> sometimes. It starts out fine in LiveTV (on ch2) and sometimes when
>> switching a channel, it'll switch and display fine. But, subsequent
>> channel changing, most other times,  the video locks up (NVP pauses,
>> actually) although it switches channel.
>>
>> I didn't see any helpful hints for this in the Wiki, but I remember
>> that some people had this problem. I searched the mailing list for
>> some help, but nothing concrete was found. Any hints would be most
>> helpfule.
>
> There is something in setup about allowing a firewire reset. I think I
> noticed it when I switched to SVN. Did you play with that?

Thanks Andrew. No I haven't, how do I find that?

I've tried to use broadcast most, but the bit won't set when using plugctl.
I have been able to set p2p mode, but I've only been able to view it
once in LiveTV. All other times I try it goes into that loop.
2 users mentioned that the STB (DCH3416) worked on comcast with the
broadcast bit set.
4/12/08 	 Jamie	 Comcast 	 DCH3416 	 Seattle, WA 	 Most 	 Non-premium
(both SD and HD) are available and recording reliably. Had to use
broadcast mode.
4/12/08 	Joe 	Comcast 	DCH3416 	Pittsburgh, PA 	Most 	SD and HD are
available and recording. Had to use broadcast mode.

this is at:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Firewire_Cable_Box_Compatibility

Thus, that's why I've been trying to set the broadcast mode.

--
Brad Fuller