[mythtv-users] Lipsync perfect commercial cut with projectx?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon May 4 02:08:03 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 9:27 PM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
> I've tried doing 'perfect' (i.e. mpeg2 to mpeg2) transcode of recorded
> material to remove comm breaks but I often get lipsync problems.

I have seen mythtranscode do this with hauppage analog recordings.

> The same
> source material pushed through the MythArchive process which I have set up
> to use ProjectX is fine.
>
> Is there a way that will cut commercials from a recording using ProjectX
> but otherwise leaves the material as mpeg2 - without doing it outside
> MythTV of course...

Here is a script that I used for years to commercial cut and put the
files back in myth. One problem is that although I tried to fix this
(seek table) jumping forward and back in myth with a cut program may
not work.

http://github.com/drescherjm/jmdgentoooverlay/blob/8dc61fa87dacc67d2012cb22a6961ff058be8097/Other/shell-scripts/mythtv/pxcut.sh

I used to run this from the shell but I guess you could create a user
job in myth for that.

John