[mythtv-users] mac mini overheating

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon May 4 17:43:03 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 3:31 am, Wouter van Atteveldt wrote:
>> It sounds like you're using Linux.  You might want to make sure ACPI is
>> enabled in the kernel.  A lot of machines rely on it for fan speed
>> control, these days.
>
> OK, silly question of the day: how do I check this in Ubuntu 9.04?

Try this:

dmesg | grep 'ACPI'

I don't have an Intel Mini, though, so I don't know exactly what you
should be seeing.

If this machine is still under warranty it might be worth re-installing OS
X, and if the problem occurs there as well, having Apple fix it for you.
I always get an extended warranty on Apple gear due to their history of
producing machines with design flaws that don't show up until a year or so
in.