[mythtv-users] Serial control of a Sharp Aquos TV

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon May 4 18:36:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Dean Collins <Dean at cognation.net> wrote:
> What model number? Any idea if this is available for other models?

I'm using a LC-46D64U, but most of the similar and higher lines (65U,
82U, 92U) all have it too (and from what I've seen, they use the same
protocol). I'm not sure which of the lower lines have it (I don't
believe the 43U series does).

> Can you screw anything up permanently via the rs232 port?

I don't think so (other than if you have a bad serial port that sends
an over voltage or something). If you send commands it doesn't
recognize, it just responds with ERR. All of the commands it accepts
(or at least those that are documented) are all for functionality you
can already get at through buttons on the remote or in one of the user
menus, so there no secret admin interface here (that I know of)

--
Ron