[mythtv-users] OT: 3 week old HDD "Clicking" ??

greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Mon May 4 23:03:45 UTC 2009

Andrew Burgess wrote:

>>> You'll want to check the Myth archives on this drive.  There is a
>>> firmware update available I believe.
>>>
>> OMG yes!
>>
>> http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=207957
>>
>> a thousand thanks,
>>

> Also, don't worry about sending back a 'good' drive. I doubt a human
> does more than wave a reader at the bar codes on your drive and the rma
> label, then the drive goes in a bin with all the other rmas. I RMAed a
> WD for having write timeouts no problem.

I had a  Seagate drive go bad a few months ago,i had some tax info on
the drive..I e-mailed them and asked what happened to a drive when it is
returned..
  They told me the first thing they do is a low level format. If the
drive won't spin then the drive is stripped down and the platters are
removed to be used in refurbish drives..
  I destroyed the drive myself.. I don't need my SS# out in public...