[mythtv-users] MythTV and Comcast (SF Bay Area) transition to digital

Matt Beadon matt.beadon at gmail.com
Tue May 5 02:39:53 UTC 2009

Hi Michael, I saw your post on mythtv-users and I was hoping you could fill
in a piece of info I seem to be missing.

How do I figure out the mapping between the channum and xmltvid?

For example KTVU:  Schedules direct has 4 listings (channel:name): "3:KTVU",
"188:KTVUDT2", "622:KTVUDT2", "702:KTVUDT".  Oddly channels 188 & 622 have
the same xmltvid while the other 3 are unique.  I see 3 channels with KTVU
in the name on my FE.  2, 2-1, and 2-2.  How did you figure out which one
went with which xmltvid?

I've been looking at the following website for some guidance on mapping
channel 79-1 to virtual channel 2.
http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineup2/US:94043#lineup_220250

But I'm still guessing based on the names which xmltvid should apply.

Finally after you fixed your xmltvid's did you need to restart the FE, BE,
both?  before the new listings showed up?  I presume a mythfilldatabase was
in there someplace.

thanks
Matt