[mythtv-users] Fedora 10 trunk compile error

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue May 5 15:29:11 UTC 2009

Greg Woods wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 21:37 -0400, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>
>> Although this does not answer the question of why if will not compile on
>>   on the ati box. Unless you can find that the ati box is missing some
>> libraries or include files.
>
> It has to be something like this. But I remember the last time now. I
> was never able to solve this. What I did instead was take the tree of
> compiled code from my other front end (another i386 that has an onboard
> ATI chip), copy the tree over to the "bad" box, and run "make install"
> from it. Kludgy as it is, this worked. I now have a working mythfrontend
> on the "bad" box, but I still don't know why the code won't compile
> there. What is even more confusing is that both the i386 box where it
> does compile and the one where it doesn't are fresh installs of Fedora
> 10. There is no software left around from the last time, but the same
> thing happened again.

Since you are running Fedora you might want to check out the
'dependencies' script from the wiki (Howto -> Dependencies -> Fedora
10). This is intended for compiling trunk but obviously will work on .21
  as well. I intended it to grab all of the necessary and useful
packages so that mythtv and some of the plugins will work as well as
some of the contributed and extremely useful management scripts. It
grabs all the '-devel' files needed, one of which is likely your
culprit. Unless you chose *exactly* the same packages on each install,
you cannot be sure that one box pulled some package which the other
never saw. When we do a desktop install we'll pull all sorts of extra
stuff which never gets put on a dedicated mythbox.

Geoff