[mythtv-users] MythTV and Comcast (SF Bay Area) transition to digital

Clay nt4usb at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 15:54:51 UTC 2009

> How do I figure out the mapping between the channum and
> xmltvid?

That's the easy part. Tough part is figuring out what channum is 84#2, etc...
Most any online TV guide (zap2it, tvguide, schedules direct, etc.) will show you the xmltvid when you mouseover a program or channel.
Look for the five digit number in the string that shows up at the bottom of your (Firefox) browser when you mouseover.

> Finally after you fixed your xmltvid's did you need to
> restart the FE, BE,
> both?  before the new listings showed up?  I presume a
> mythfilldatabase was
> in there someplace.

mythfilldatabase to populate channel info. I suggest using the
--refresh-today
switch so you don't have to wait a half hour to see what you missed.
Once you're happy with it, run myth...ase without the switch to fill the db. Or let it update at it's regularly scheduled time.

If you want Schedules Direct to populate all the channel info, channel numbers, callsigns, etc., add
--do-channel-updates
switch. With this, the only information you have to fill in for each channel is the xmltvid.