[mythtv-users] mythtv + nfs = bad?

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at gmail.com
Tue May 5 15:56:42 UTC 2009

2009/5/5 Mike Holden <mythtv at mikeholden.org>:
> I've been experiencing similar issues recently. I had a working system,
> which had been in-situ for a while, and then foolishly upgraded Myth,
> kernel etc. Nothing was immediately apparent, but after a while, I noticed
> that the FE froze sometimes waiting for thumbnail images or clips, or
> sometimes during playback. Restarting nfs on either the BE or FE often
> sorts out the problem (sometimes restarting one end, sometimes the other,
> but not always predictable).
>
> I'm looking at using Myth protocol rather than NFS as well, and not had
> problems so far, touch wood :-)

found the setting, was under playback.
when you enable this setting it doesn't take effect immediately,
frontend needs to be restarted for it to work.
once checked, playback is smooth and i don't need to dismount the nfs share.

but i suspect this will cause problems for mythvideo too and that may
be harder to solve than a simple checkbox.