[mythtv-users] MythTV and Comcast (SF Bay Area) transition to digital

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Wed May 6 00:24:54 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Dennis Lou <dlou99 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Waitasec, if he's using an analog card connected to a DTA, then why
> are people worried about "figuring out what channum is 84#2, etc..."?
>
> If someone's seeing channums like "84#2", then they must be using a
> clearQAM card/device.

I think there are some people using the Pace DTA connected to a PVR-250. The
external Pace DTA has the tuner. I think the problem is that any channel
above 34 could be moved anywhere at anytime. It would be nice to have
Schedules Direct have the exact same channel as what the DTA is seeing.
Comcast is keeping 2-34 (I think it's 34, can't remember for sure) as Basic
Serivce. Extended Basic Service is gone which were channels above 34 (which
was 35-90 or so)

--
Brad Fuller