[mythtv-users] I can record from live tv but not from the schedule

Lee McLaren lists at lrm.com.au
Wed May 6 10:41:04 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a strange problem with all of the channels from only one
television station. I am using dvb-t in Tasmania Australia. One of the
local stations (SBS) is causing a few problems some tv's as well as
mythtv systems but claim that their multiplexer is working correctly so
they are not going to fix it.

The symptoms are that I can watch the channels correctly with livetv and
if I hit record I get a good recording. On the other hand, if I schedule
a recording from the tv guide or web interface it records with a 0 byte
file.

I have run the back end with debugging turned on ( mythbackend -v
channel,record,siparser) but there does not appear to be anything out of
order in the logs, I can post if anyone thinks they may be able glean
anything from them.

It appears that the method of tuning for livetv and the recording from
livetv is different to scheduled recordings.

I have tried deleting all channels and rescanning as well as manually
setting up the channel using information from "scan" (which agrees with
the published details from the station"

Can someone suggest the next step to debug this.

thanks

Lee