[mythtv-users] I can record from live tv but not from the schedule

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:41:46 UTC 2009

> I have a strange problem with all of the channels from only one
> television station. I am using dvb-t in Tasmania Australia. One of the
> local stations (SBS) is causing a few problems some tv's as well as
> mythtv systems but claim that their multiplexer is working correctly so
> they are not going to fix it.
>
> The symptoms are that I can watch the channels correctly with livetv and
> if I hit record I get a good recording. On the other hand, if I schedule
> a recording from the tv guide or web interface it records with a 0 byte
> file.

Possibly a problem with your listing schedule and/or channel
configuration data.  ie when you try and record from the TV guide it
isn't actually using the same channel parameters that you are watchng
on Live TV.

A rescan of that multiplex might help but before you do that you could
look through the channels table in the database (or using mythweb) for
duplicate channels, either with or without the same channel number.
You might get away with just deleting a few channels.

AFAIK there's no difference in the recording method between Live TV
and Recordings, so it's unlikely to be anything in the code.

You could look in the backend log when selecting a particular channel
on Live TV and scheduled recording, and see what channel is being
tuned in each case.