[mythtv-users] Grub won't load my menu.lst file

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Thu May 7 18:03:18 UTC 2009

> I replaced my backend machine's boot disk with a larger drive, and now
> grub refuses to automatically load linux at boot time.  Instead, it
> gives me the grub command line, and I can type "configfile
> /grub/menu.lst" and everything boots fine from there.

I no expert, but it would seem that if you are able to manually load
the menu.lst and have it work that an update-grub command should do
the trick.

Or, there is an iso out there called "The Grub Super Disc" or some
such thing.  I used that once when I couldn't figure out how to get
Grub to load the correct OS.  Worked like a champ!

-Mark