[mythtv-users] Hunt for Gollum

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri May 8 03:29:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM, David Fishburn
<dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> David Fishburn wrote:
>> Is there anyway to watch the Hunt for Gollumn (Flash video from the
>> website) on our TV's via Myth?
>> No sense watching it in a tiny window in your browser.
>>
>> http://www.dailymotion.com/gb/video/x93zji_the-hunt-for-gollum-hd-version_shortfilms
>
> http://www.dailymotion.com//cdn/ON2-1280x720/video/x93zji?key=7d4f92b0e0f03dc26ada2b464545476913bd397
> Downloads a 290M .flv file. Either leave as is, or convert with
> ffmpeg/menconder.
>
> Ah, thanks Mark.
>
> The key seems to be based on your browser session.
> So I viewed source.
> Looked for cdn and found a pile.
> Then I just HTTP decoded that string which yielded the correct key and
> then constructed the URL in the same browser to save it.
>
> wget won't work since it will have a different session.
>
> So the URL you provided downloads an ON2 type file (I haven't heard of
> it), you can see the ON2 in the URL itself.
>
> The only FLV files I could get were smaller in resolution:
> http://www.dailymotion.com//cdn/FLV-320x240/video/x93zji?key=...
>
> But I will download it and see how it looks on the TV.
>
> Thanks for the hint.
> Dave

Thanks to that poster I am now downloading the on2 file which plays in
mplayer on windows (OK I am at work) and will transfer it to the myth
machine tonight.

Just to help anyone else further look at the source of the web page
and look for this bit:

so226378265.addVariable("video", [long http encoded string]

cut and paste the long string to this page:

http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/dencoder/

and press decode.

Then cut out the bit starting /cdn/ON2-1280 ... just before @@vp6-hd

and add to http://www.dailymotion.com and put it in your browser, it