[mythtv-users] Transcoding using x264 ffmpeg ubuntu?

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Sat May 9 13:33:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu 8.10, and I'm trying to get x264 transcoding working.
I've compiled ffmpeg 0.5 from source (which I downloaded from
ffmpeg.org) and I'm using the latest nuvexport but when I try to
convert to x264 I get "av_interleaved_write_frame(): Error while
opening file"

I've found several references to it, and I think its been fixed in a
later version of ffmpeg. But nuvexport needs ffmpeg 0.5. I've seen a
reference to an ATRPMs package for ffmpeg 0.5-30, which I think fixes
this problem, but I haven't found the source for this version?

Is anyone transcoding to x264 using Ubuntu? What versions should I use?

Thanks,

Jonny