[mythtv-users] MythTV + uPnP + PS3 = no joy

Jongi jongitech at gmail.com
Sat May 9 17:14:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 20:32 -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> > This one time, at band camp, R. Kannan wrote:
> >
> >> I have the same problem as the original poster. I have UPnp enabled on
> >> the router and have the right IP address in myth backend setup but
> >> cannot access the video recordings from PS3.
> >>

> > I suspect they'd need to be on the same network segment, on the same
> > subnet.
> Correct.  Also, the UPnP option on a router is to allow programs to
> request ports be forwarded back to them.  It has nothing to do with UPnP AV.

I am using a Linksys WRT54GL router with DD-WRT v23 SP2. It has the
following headers when manually setting up UPnP

Description        From (WAN)    To (LAN)    IP Address    Protocol

The PS3 is 192.168.1.103 on the internal network (connected via
ethernet) and the mythtv box is 192.168.1.102 (also connected via
ethernet). I have set them both up so that they always have those IP
addresses.

Could anyone suggest what my settings should be if I want to setup UPnP
manually?