[mythtv-users] Howto mix cable and DVB-T

Mirko König koenig at v-i-t.de
Sun May 10 11:07:43 UTC 2009

Hi

I have a Hauppauge PVR-350 and a Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T installed on my system.
Because of this most channels in the programm guide are listed twice. Once for
the cable card and once for the DVB-T card.
The cable card uses a tv_grabber script to get the tv informations, while the
information for the channels of the DVB-T card get their information from the
DVB-T signal.

Here starts the problem. The two tv guide sources have different content. They
name some shows different, they have different names for the episodes or even
no name etc. Therefore if i want to record a show and use the tv guide to
plan, let's say "The Simpsons", and schedule it to record whenever is occurs
on a specific channel, let's say in german Pro7, the same show is recorded
twice.
Because, e.g. on the cable channel it is called The Simpons - <episode name>,
and on the DVB-T channel it is called The SImpsons - <episode name><number>.

I would like to have all the channels only once in my tv guide ( i can do this
with hide, i know ). But also i want mythtv to use only on source for the tv
guides information, so that channels with the same name have the same tv guide
information.

Is this feasabel somehow?

What would be cool too is to have a channel only listed once in the tv guide
and of i want to watch live tv, then mythtv decides if to use cable card or
DVB-T card. Because if i just hide channels, e.g. from the DVB-T card in the
tv guide and the channel i want to watch is blocked on the cable card, i can
not watch the channel although it would be wat<chable on the DVB-T card. But
this is not listed in the tv guide.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Mirko