[mythtv-users] Initial foray into Mythtv

James Warden warjamy at yahoo.com
Mon May 11 12:44:09 UTC 2009

That to me seems to be the whole point:
a powerful GPU on a small form factor, low power board, can only be used for hardware accelerated video stuff, i.e. a nice frontend next to your TV. Ah but you could even embed the board inside the TV case, accomodate slots for USB ports and SD or whatever other small for factor storage. USB seems enough to me. You can run a full OS from a very small disk unit or you could netboot the thing if you turn your more powerful backend as a TFTP, NFS, DHCP and boot server. I did that once, it runs quite OK. You need a cabled network though.

J.