[mythtv-users] diseqc 4 lnbs

Herman Gerritsen lfsmailing at gmail.com
Tue May 12 10:43:07 UTC 2009

> That's very strange, I had the same problem and this patch fixed everything
> for me.
I hoped it would do the same for me, but it did not :(

I have checked the patch and changes some logical code to less logical
code IMHO.
"for (uint i = 0; i <= repeats; i++)" changes to "for (uint i = 0; i <
repeats; i++)"
Unpatched code would send 4 message when repeat == 3
That would be 1 real message and 3 repeats
Patched code would send one repeat less than configured.

So the same would be achieved by configuring the repeat count to 2
instead of 3 (I think)

> Is the "address of switch" the new, hex-looking piece of text? It only
> showed up a while ago, I never bothered to change it.
Yes it is a HEX number default is 0x10, if i am not mistaken (#define
DISEQC_ADR_SW_ALL     0x10)

> Are you still trying to scan for new channels or has that already happened?
Yes still trying to find a way to get all LNBs working :)
I have tried 1,2 and 3 repeats with and without the patch on mythtv
trunk revision 20533
I think I wil try 0.21-fixes next time to see if it has the same problem.
I use trunk because I have a TechnoTrend S2-3200 and figured
0.21-fixes will not be able to use that card.
But I have not tried that so I do not know if that is true (lets hope
it can use the S2-3200 :)).

Greetings,
Herman Gerritsen