[mythtv-users] Super Micro X7SLA Atom server board for backend

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Tue May 12 12:06:06 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Herman Gerritsen <lfsmailing at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would an Atom processor be fast enough for a backend?
> I mean would it be able to record shows and play recorded streams
> simultanoeusly?
>
> I thought these Atom processor are rather slow and intended for the
> less demanding user
> that only uses an internet browser and wordprocessors.
>
> greets,
> Herman

QNAP makes a line of network attached storage devices with atom CPU's and linux.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/04/qnaps-new-4-bay-atom-based-ts-439-pro-turbo-nas/

They also have models with intel core 2 duo CPU's.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822107023

One of those would make a good dedicated backend.