[mythtv-users] Per-input zoom setting?

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue May 12 19:21:18 UTC 2009

>> Setup -> TV Settings -> Playback, on Page 2 "General Playback (2/9)" -> Zoom
>>
>> which lets you set the default zoom.  Is there any way to set the
>> default zoom based on the current input?  I would like one of my
>> inputs to default to no zoom and the other to default to Half zoom.
>>
>> Right now using this option I can pick the one I need the most often
>> and then manually change it if I switch inputs or watch a show from
>> that input but it seems like it should be configurable on a per-input
>> basis.  Am I missing something?

It seems like 'playback profiles' were designed for exactly this type
of thing, but the playback profiles don't actually let you set hardly
any of the playback settings. I have often wondered whether it would
be difficult to add many of the other standard playback settings like,
aspect ratio, auto comm-skip, time stretch, etc. to the playback
profiles. Then I could just set all of those things as a playback
profile and use it with my recording rule. This must have been the
intention with the playback profiles, but it seems that it wasn't
finished as only 2 or 3 settings are available, like skip amount.