[mythtv-users] 9xxx series motherboards/VDPAU

Steve Curtis scurtis at fixation.net
Wed May 13 10:37:22 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I'm currently running mythtv which is suffering from occasional crashes of
the frontend (both the frontend and hard crashes/reboots).  The GF is
getting quite annoyed with it!

I pretty sure its related to me switching to using an MSI 8400GS 512MB and
the Nvidia driver.  I also started using VDPAU from JYA's repository.  I
cant find any useful error messages anywhere, and am suspecting something
hardware or hardware combination is at fault.

With that in mind, I'd also like to move onto a motherboard using a 9xxx
series and use VDPAU with JYA's ubuntu repository for 0.21-fixes+VDPAU.

Can anyone shout any boards that they have working well with myth (on
mythbuntu) just so I can be sure I'm starting from a solid hardware base.  I
know the ION stuff is now emerging, I'm wondering if thats just a bit early
to adopt at the moment, hence why I'm thinking of sticking to a beefier 9xxx
system.

Apologies for this being slight off-topic to the list, but I thought as
there had been quite a lot of people experimenting in this area on this list
it was a good place to ask!

Thanks,
Steve.