[mythtv-users] 9xxx series motherboards/VDPAU

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Wed May 13 15:06:28 UTC 2009

Asus M3N78-VM, using the onboard 8300 chipset for video and VDPAU. Works
great with MPEG2 (ATSC) and h264. I haven't done much VC1 with it. I'm using
HDMI for video, analog stereo for audio as there is no surround amp
available in that room. It's working great.

The other frontend is an older box with a BFG 9800 GT/OC card in it. Also
works great with VDPAU. I'm using Mythbuntu + JYA repo. I'm on 8.10 though,
haven't seen a need to update to the newer version yet. I'll probably do it
in the summer when most of the shows we watch are in re-runs anyway.