[mythtv-users] avi/mkv seek table repair?

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Wed May 13 19:10:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 12:15 -0500, Stephen Shelton wrote:

> Thanks for the tip. That worked just fine for xvid. I don't see any means of using that to update
> the seek table in the mythtv database though. Am I missing something?

To watch videos in myth (or mplayer etc) and have seek work that's all
you need.

If you mean recorded stuff I think "mythtranscode --buildindex <file>"
will work but as far as I know the index is inside the video file and
not in myths database thus I would expect mencoder to work too. If you
try it please let us/me know what happens.

What symptom are you seeing?