[mythtv-users] Help Setting up serial IR blaster for Comcast/Pace DC50X

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Thu May 14 16:12:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 08:54 -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
>
>> It's sounding more and more like you have a hardware problem.
>
> Possibly, but I never could get my IR blaster to work either. There is a
> recent previous thread with my trials and tribulations with it too.
>
> I gave up on it, bought a firewire card, and that worked immediately
> with 6200ch, and flawlessly with my DCH-3200 cable box. That may or may
> not be an option for Brad.

I have a DCH3416 working via 1394 for when Comcast switches to digital
only. It seems to work. I'd like to get the DC50X working to capture
using the PVR-250 as another source. It only has a IR rcvr.

At the very least, I could still capture channels 2-34 and modify my
Comcast Analog Schedules Direct listing appropriately.

--
Brad Fuller