[mythtv-users] LiveTV plays WHILE in Program Listing

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 14 16:34:02 UTC 2009

On 05/14/2009 12:25 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:
> This is the strangest thing I've seen, but maybe it's something others
> have seen.
> While in the Program Listing, LiveTV will start. I can hear the audio
> (and see a sliver of the video because the GUI isn't perfectly
> covering). I've also seen this last night when switching to play a
> recorded program. The recording program will play fine, both audio and
> video, but the audio from LiveTV will also play along with the
> recorded program.
>
> This is an ATV using Mythbuntu 8.04 that has been working fine for
> months. I made no software updates.
>
> Just now I was looking at MythWeb Backend Status and noticed that
> Encoder 2 was playing Live with Regis and Kelly. No one was watching
> (there's no one else home!) so I went to the ATV and turned on the TV
> (the ATV is always running.) Sure enough I could hear the audio (and
> see a sliver of the video) behind the Program Listing.
>
> It seems if I leave Program Listings it "resets" and then going back
> the LiveTV 'leak' is gone.
>
> Has anyone seen this?

Sounds like you've enabled:

Show the program guide when starting Live TV
This starts the program guide immediately upon starting to watch Live TV.

and are actually using a LiveTV button to start the guide (note that it
could be anything from a jump point (possibly with a key conflict) to an
edited menu--so it may not be readily apparent that's what's happening).

Mike