[mythtv-users] Charter moving around QAM channels

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Thu May 14 21:19:02 UTC 2009

----- "Mark Knecht" <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

CLARIFICATION:

I'm sorry. By "comcast footprint" going digital I meant all of the head ends, not all of the channels. The conversion of "Standard Cable" (extended analog cable) to "Basic Digital" is happening in stages, area by area.

The "Basic Cable" channels -- 2 - 31 in my area -- are still available in analog form. Comcast also puts the local broadcast HDTV stations in the mix. (They are probably required to do this but never announce it.)

Basic Cable customers don't need and won't be offered the free STB/DTAs.