[mythtv-users] mythtranscode and the HD-PVR

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu May 14 23:54:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Christopher Meredith
<chmeredith at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't know. Lots of frame duplication, I guess.
>>
>> No the HD-PVR is only able, to output at 25 for PAL or 29.97fps for NTSC.
>> The software you're checking it with is obviously wrong. What does
>>  mediainfo tell about these source files ?

Erm, that's not so.  720p is quite capable of 50 and 60 frames per
second, that's the exact reason 720p is used for sports channels.  The
HD-PVR's 720p captures are the same framerate as the source material,
in my case 60 frames per second (and 50 fps usually in 50Hz land).

Also, to reply to some misinformation earlier in the thread,
mythtranscode is *not* a GOP level editor, it's frame-accurate.

Robert