[mythtv-users] Can iMON Inside receiver be used with any remote?

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Fri May 15 00:48:43 UTC 2009

Comments wrote:
> Hi, I have a HTPC case that has an iMON Inside VFD and IR receiver.  It
> came with a remote however, I already have a working config for my Tivo
> series 2 remote and was hoping to just use the IR receiver in the case
> with my current config for my Tivo remote.
>
> Anyone know if the iMON IR receiver can be used as a general IR receiver
> for lircd?

I don't know enough about the Tivo remote, but the iMon devices came in
two flavours that I am aware of. One takes the iMon codes such as on the
RM100, RM200, and PAD. The other types takes MCE RC6 codes. The iMon
receivers are not interchangeable.

If the Tivo remote is not programmable then you can at least run mode2
on your box to see if it is picking up the Tivo codes.

Not a conclusive answer but perhaps it helps.