[mythtv-users] Can iMON Inside receiver be used with any remote?

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Fri May 15 01:49:59 UTC 2009

Comments wrote:
> Hi, I have a HTPC case that has an iMON Inside VFD and IR receiver.  It
> came with a remote however, I already have a working config for my Tivo
> series 2 remote and was hoping to just use the IR receiver in the case
> with my current config for my Tivo remote.
>
> Anyone know if the iMON IR receiver can be used as a general IR receiver
> for lircd?

I have a recent (4q08) Antec Fusion with iMON VDF and IR.  It works with
a Vista-certified MCE remote.  No other remote I tried could even get a
rise out of it with any of the lirc utilities.  I picked up a cheapie
Vista remote from Amazon for about $20.  I kind of wish I'd spent a bit
more and gotten a better remote that can learn the TV codes.  I may still.

What you need/want is a Universal Remote that does Vista (MCE RC6)
codes.  Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind that, either.

Dale Pontius