[mythtv-users] Storage Groups - Disks often get over used when others have free space

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri May 15 06:13:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

>>  Why does it do it every 15 min when I have AutoExpireFreq set
>> to 10.
>>

> That I haven't looked into/don't know.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/autoexpire.cpp
at line ~225 seems to have a hard-coded starting frequency of 15 and
doesn't use the AutoExpireFrequency setting.  The actual init method
at line 82 also uses a hard-coded frequency of 15 rather than using
the setting too.

At least that is my understanding, though I don't know myths codebase
at all or C++ very well for that matter.

This is the same in both 0.21-fixes, which I am running and trunk.  Is
this worth raising a ticket over, or not, since I am not very
confident about writing a patch?

At least now I understand it all a little better.  Thanks for all your
help, hopefully, I will have less hassles with file systems filling
up.

Cheers,
Whytey