[mythtv-users] Remote control delay and the EPG

Tom Lichti redpepperracing at gmail.com
Sat May 16 12:47:48 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 16, 2009 at 3:02 AM, John H <arizonamythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running MythBuntu 9.04 using the avenard repo with vdpau. I
> finally moved my myth off a computer monitor and onto a LCD 40" FP TV.
> The system has been running for about 10 days without a hitch and then
> all of sudden the remote just stopped working in the EPG. I fired up
> ircat and the remote is receiving the button and displaying the
> correct button. The remote isn't even buffering key presses as they
> just stop working after about two pushes and then I can hit the esc
> button to get out. The remote works through the rest of the menus. I
> noticed this in both scheduling a recording using the guide and
> pulling up the guide in livetv. Anyone else notice this?

Have you loaded icons in the frontend for all the channels? If not,
this will cause significant delays in the EPG as it tries to load the
icons that don't exist as it retries I think 5 times per icon.

The easiest way (in North America) is to use the channel_icons script.
In SVN it is in mythtv/contrib/icons/master_iconmap, not sure if it is
in the repo you are using. It also requires the perl bindings be
compiled into mythtv.

If you do have it, call it like this:

channel_icons.pl --find-missing --rescan

It is interactive and fairly intuitive.

HTH

Tom