[mythtv-users] GeForce 8400 still recommended for VDPAU?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon May 18 14:25:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 5:41 AM,  <Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com> wrote:
> -----Jean-Yves Avenard wrote: -----
>

>>2009/5/18 Steve Heistand <steve at heistand.org>:
>>> would the 9500 be fast enough?
>>
> >From reports I've read, the 9500 does Advanced 2X on HD content ,
>>just
>>... but it does it.
>>
>>Jean-Yves
>
> Perhaps get an overclocked 9500 with DDR3 RAM?
>
> I have an Asus EN9500GT OC/DI/512M which has done Advanced 2X on all the HD
> content I have tested it on. I have only tested it on DVB-S2 HD content, but
> some of those channels are quite high bitrate I think (e.g. BBC HD on 1W).

Has anyone determined for sure what cards will handle Advanced 2x
deinterlacing of 1080i content?

My current card isn't VDPAU capable at all.  For the time being, my
frontend (3 Ghz Dell 4700) handles HD without problems.  Thinking
forward, my only real interest in a VDPAU capable card would be for
deinterlacing.

For me the show stopper with this frontend would be the need for a low
profile, small form factor, fanless card.  At least as far as the 9500
cards go I'm pretty sure no such animal exists.

Tom