[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.21 and seca3 encryption on DVB-S

bram kortleven bram at antwerpen.be
Wed May 20 12:14:09 UTC 2009

Over the past few days I've been struggling with this issue:

I have a DVB-S setup, with a TV Vlaanderen Subscription, which uses
Astra1 for transmission of both FTA and encrypted channels.

I had a lot of troubles getting a succesful scan in MythTV -setup, but
found out I couldn't get a 'Lock' when the CAM was inserted in the CI.

This setup did work on Kaffeine on the same machine, so hardware-wise it
looks OK. In Kaffeine I could watch the encrypted channels without any
issues.

When pulling out the CAM module of the CI, starting a new scan, I
immediately found lots of channels.

When watching TV, I always (on DVB-T and DVB-C, both FTA-only), I get
(LAM), but when trying to watch the DVB-S channels (the FTA ones that
is), I only see (l _ _) (the 'l' in small, not in capitals)

Anyone any idea if it is the card, which uses the new *seca3*
encryption, or if it is MythTV or some module or driver that only MythTV
seems to use, that is blocking my lock?

Thanks for the help!