[mythtv-users] Just a two-lines playback...

Paul Gallaway pgallaway at gmail.com
Wed May 20 14:44:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Andrea Giuliano <sarkiaponius at alice.it> wrote:
> Everything else that deals with graphics and sound works perfectly on my
> PC, so I really can't figure out what this could be!

Just a data point here for you. I'm running Debian Lenny amd64.
Migrated from older hardware and had some problems with the mythtv
binaries from debian-multimedia and have moved onto another repository
just to get recording working again. Now I am having stability
problems and am considering compiling my own (or have corrupted RAM,
haven't quite figured it out yet).

However, I am not seeing the playback issue you describe. What
repository are you using? What videocard driver is installed? What
driver is defined in xorg.conf? Is it every video source? Have you
tried mplayer? Same problem with livetv (sounds like it)? Does flash
video work (e.g. youtube.com)?
--
~pAul.

        all good things. all in good time.