[mythtv-users] What's appropriate to use/distribute in MythTV

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu May 21 01:11:46 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/5/21 Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>:
> hardly be the only one ecstatic at that concept.  Not everything in
> your fork is your own work, plenty of it is still sitting in trac for
> a *reason*, but you feel it's appropriate to distribute it to others.
> If you can't figure out what's inappropriate about that, then I don't
> know where to begin helping you.

You sound like my wife. "If you don't know why I'm upset, I'm
certainly not going to tell you"

I would love you to explain how it is inappropriate to distribute any
of the stuff I've been distributing... From either a legal or moral
point of view for that matter.

Why is it that you feel it's a bad thing to add stuff in the code that
the mythtv core developers won't endorse or more likely don't have
time to look at?
I just don't get it...

Just like all successful open source project, once they achieve
critical distribution mass, they tend to live a life of their own and
go beyond whatever the original author ever intended.
It's a sign of success.

As for the usefulness of what I distribute, over 11000 people (last
month) disagree with you.