[mythtv-users] Two separate Master servers?

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Fri May 22 01:20:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 18:48, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> As to your actual question, no there's no way of doing that at the
> moment. I'm sure a little sed hackery could solve the problem for you,
> giving you 2 shell scripts to run to switch (and start) your frontend
> pointed to the "correct" backend.

Heck...it's even simpler than sed...How about:

--
#!/bin/bash

# mythfront
# Switch mythtv configurations on the fly...
# Usage: mythfront X
# where X is the configuration number to use

pushd ~/.mythtv >& /dev/null
cp mysql.txt.$1 mysql.txt
popd >& /dev/null
mythfrontend
--

Then just create a mysql.txt.1 and .2 that contain the appropriate
configurations.