[mythtv-users] NFS share problems with DVD

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Fri May 22 09:32:04 UTC 2009

Hey group.
I have my setup up and running like a under the stairs solutions - where
the only DVD-drive is in my MBE in the garage.
All the network is running with GB-LAN.

Sharing from the MBE:
/etc/export:
# DVD
/mnt/dvd     172.16.20.1/24(rw,sync,subtree_check,crossmnt)

On the MBE I've mounted the /dev/sr0 in the /mnt/dvd.
On the clients I mount the DVD drive in /etc/fstab:
172.16.20.10:/mnt/dvd    /mnt/dvd    nfs    rw    0 0

In the Mythtv setting I've pointet the DVD drive to the position
/mnt/dvd which in also I can see the contains of the dvd:
DVD AUDIO_TS &VIDEO_TS.

BUT when playing the DVD on the clients - there serious lacking each
20-30secs. it freezes and the audio continues - and suddenly the picture
jumps back in line.
So can I do something tweaking for that - in NFS sharing settings or in
the MythTV setup ??? Caurse I have all my concerts ripped as ISO - and
there's no problems with that - but also having like 250 DVD cartoons
for the kids - so would really like to get the DVD-part up and running
smoothly?
On the MBE the settings for sharing is like this in /etc/conf.d/nfs
# Number of servers to be started up by default
NFSD_OPTS=16

# Options to pass to rpc.mountd
MOUNTD_OPTS="--no-nfs-version 1 --no-nfs-version 2"

# Options to pass to rpc.statd
STATD_OPTS=""

# Options to pass to sm-notify
SMNOTIFY_OPTS=""

So can I do anything to tweak this to run perfectly???

Thanks in advance
Per Jørgensen