[mythtv-users] Using MCE Remote with Antec Fusion / iMon LCD receiver?

Jay Foster jayf0ster at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 22 15:42:09 UTC 2009

> Message: 23
> Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:28:13 +0100
> From: Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Using MCE Remote with Antec
> Fusion / iMon
>     LCD    receiver?
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On 18/05/2009, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> >  I've got my iMon LCD IR receiver working fine
> with the supplied
> >  "Veris" RM200 remote.
> >
> >  The receiver is:
> >  Bus 003 Device 002: ID 15c2:0038 SoundGraph Inc
>

> Have you read http://mythtvblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/getting-imon-0038-lcd-working-with-lirc.html?
>
> Nick
I have a Silverstone case that uses the same iMon LCD that I would like to get working (I don't particularly care about the IR receiver).  It uses the SoundGraph 15c2:0038 device.  I have looked at the blog instructions above and the included links, and have a few questions/concerns.

The instructions state to first remove the existing lirc from the system using apt-get remove lirc.  If I do this, apt-get will also remove several Mythtv components (dependency issues I think).  Since I will be installing a new lirc that I build from source (and not using apt-get), when I try to re-add the previously removed Mythtv components using apt-get, won't apt-get also want to re-install the distro's lirc?  Would it be better to NOT remove the distro's lirc and simply install my version on top of it?  The instructions do not address these issues.  I'm running Mythbuntu 8.10 0.21-fixes.

Jay