[mythtv-users] mythbackend still eats memory: the current status

William william_munson at comcast.net
Fri May 22 20:31:17 UTC 2009

On 05/20/2009 08:24 AM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Alex Butcher wrote:
>> My hardware is a P4 2.53GHz with 768MB of RAM, a Hauppauge Nova-T and a
>> Nova-T-500 (so three DVB-T physical tuners altogether). I use
>> multirec to
>> provide two virtual tuners per physical tuner. The UK has 6
>> multiplexes. I
>> probably record at least 4 hours per day most days. EIT is enabled. The
>> kernel is 2.6.26.6-49.fc8 using the standard cx88_dvb and
>> dvb_usb_dib0700
>> drivers supplied by that kernel.
>
> Thanks.
> This somehow, perhaps even undeniably, shows that `the problem` is not
> just limited to my mythTV configuration, my build, my hardware or my
> distribution.
>
> Udo

I am also see the same memory leak issue but because my machine is no
where's near powerful enough to valgrind I cannot provide any useful
feedback myself. For me, the fix so far has been several scripts
monitoring myth and rebooting, resetting and cleaning up as needed. Not
100% but its much better now. A real fix would be nice.