[mythtv-users] New release of scte65scan (mainly for Comcast users)

Andrew Burgess aab at cichlid.com
Fri May 22 23:32:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 16:00 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Do you have one of the Pace DTA's activated so you can see your VCT_ID
> in the info page?

No. Only two homeruns.

> If the Pace displays channel numbers on your TV screen when you change
> channels then this program *should* pick up the same data.

What freq do you pick it up on? Is it one that you also get programming
on? I only put the freqs into my table that my hr locked and found
programs on. Maybe I'll try them all...

> The -p attempts to pick up the HD channels. It seems you aren't
> getting any data which makes me wonder whether having a DTA authorized
> is a requirement for Comcast to transmit the data. Brad and I both had
> them authorized. Larry and Jason were, I beleive, doing other things.

I would have expected it to be broadcast to everyone like the TV
channels. The DTAs are supposed to be very simple - no decryption etc.