[mythtv-users] New release of scte65scan (mainly for Comcast users)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sat May 23 00:31:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/22/09, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Andrew Burgess <aab at cichlid.com> wrote:
>>  > On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 16:37 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
>>  >> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Andrew Burgess <aab at cichlid.com> wrote:
>>  >> <SNIP>
>>  >> >
>>  >> > I would have expected it to be broadcast to everyone like the TV
>>  >> > channels. The DTAs are supposed to be very simple - no decryption etc.
>
> Haven't been able to get the tool to grab the stream off my HDHR but
> if I capture with:
>
> hdhomerun_config ffffffff set /tuner1/channel qam:64
> hdhomerun_config ffffffff save /tuner1 foo.ts

In this sort of situation - I'm assuming your cable is connected to
tuner1 and maybe you have OTA on tuner 0 - then I think you want

./scte65scan -H FFFFFFFF,1

to pick the second tuner.

Again, I'm assuming that

hdhomefun_config FFFFFFFF save /tuner0 would have returned nothing or
at least something you're not trying to look at.

Hope this helps,
Mark